WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Statement describes the practices of MOT Charter School, its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively, “MOT Charter,” “we,” or “us”), a United States-based educational institution, in connection with the MOT Charter website (the “Site”). MOT Charter collects, uses, and maintains (hereinafter “processes”) certain information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”) through the Site. This Privacy Statement addresses the processing of information collected automatically through or from the Site and any information you voluntarily submit to MOT Charter through the Site. Any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the processing of data by MOT Charter can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-376-5125.
Acceptance of Terms
When you access the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the terms described below. If you do not agree to the terms discussed here, you should exit the Site now.
Collection of Personal Information From Users
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
a. Information You Submit Voluntarily
Some elements of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or participate in a certain activity, such as an application for admission. For example, if you register for an event through the Site or complete a form on the Site, we may request Personal Information such as your name and contact information.
b. Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
Consent and FERPA
Where consent for the use and disclosure of Personal Information is required under applicable laws, including but not limited to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), we will seek consent from the appropriate person. In the case of a student’s Personal Information, we will seek the consent from the student and/or parent depending on the circumstances. MOT Charter students may have additional rights under FERPA. For more information about FERPA, please visit: FERPA Policy.
How We Use the Information
We Collect We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site and through other sources for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide to us only for the reason for which it was provided. Specifically, we may use Personal Information from or about you:
- to send you important information regarding the education of you or your child, our relationship with you, or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information;
- to ensure our compliance with federal, state, or local laws; and
- for our operational purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new programs, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, and optimizing your experience on the Site.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
MOT Charter does not sell your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise described at the point where we collect the information from you, including:
- to companies or individuals that we hire to provide services to us, such as application processing, contact management, website hosting services and payment processing;
- to relevant governmental authorities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, or local laws; and
- pursuant to legally enforceable demands for documents, including but not limited to government subpoenas.
Right to Change
This Statement MOT Charter reserves the right at any time to modify, alter, or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Statement as changed, subject to limitations under applicable law. Please review this Statement periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information to us. The Statement was last updated on March 29, 2019.
For a printable copy of this notice, visit: Website Privacy Statement